Författare Ämne: Presentation of Modellbahnmodule.de  (läst 1620 gånger)

Utloggad Thomas Module

• Handlare
  • Antal inlägg: 3
Presentation of Modellbahnmodule.de
« skrivet: lör 04 apr 2020, 20:17:12 »
Hello and good afternoon

After registering in the last few days, I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself and my small company. So I've been 58 for a few days now, so exactly 50 years ago I built my first railroad track, gauge N. 50 years ago, terrifying.

For 4 years I have been building modular tables for all track sizes and delivering them to all countries. Most of course to Germany and Switzerland.

The modules are available in different sizes, 1000x500, 1000x250, 500x500, 500x250 and 250x250 mm. I manufacture the frames of the modular tables from 19 mm Nordic spruce as a 3-layer board. All module tables have a frame height of 75 mm, the thickness of the wall is 19 mm all around. The frame is glued with the wood connection “smooth corner sheet” and secured with carpenter pencils. All sides of the modular tables are planed smooth and untreated.

My module tables have holes on all sides to ensure that modules are screwed together and to connect the modules flexibly and according to their requirements. The spacing of the holes is the same for every module size. 125 mm from the edge to the first hole. Holes are always 250 mm apart. Screws are always included. At the corners of the modules there are two countersunk holes for attaching the table legs. The recesses are used to hold the lock screws so that they are not in the way when several modules are assembled. Each table leg is screwed with two lock screws and on two different sides to avoid bending. The table legs are planed and untreated and can be adapted to your model railroad construction. They are provided with a chamfer on the bottom and top to prevent them from being misjudged. As standard, I deliver the module table legs with a length of 700 mm. The following leg lengths are also available as options: 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500, 600, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200 and 1300 mm. The following options are available for the table legs: furniture felt glides, furniture casters, height adjustment, level fixings, table legs with drive-in nuts.

I offer all table sizes for model railway construction with a 3 mm thick plywood board as standard, or as a heavy duty table with a 6 mm thick plywood board. The plywood panels are glued to the frame and secured with carpenter pencils. After applying the plywood board, all four sides are sanded again.

To create comfortable solutions, I have expanded my options to cover the modules with 2 mm cork. The offer is aimed in particular at customers who are interested in sound insulation under the track bed. The entire surface of the cork is glued to the plywood board. As a further option for the modular tables, I offer you holes for cable laying on each side. The diameter of the cable through holes is 30 mm.

Of course you can also find out everything on my website, https://www.modellbahnmodule.de.

Of course, I am happy to answer questions and am happy to help and advise, with my options.

greetings
Thomas Friedrich

Utloggad LLJ

• Veteran
  • Antal inlägg: 4.714
SV: Presentation of Modellbahnmodule.de
« Svar #1 skrivet: sön 05 apr 2020, 11:09:22 »
How come you not have modules according to any known modular standard, for example FREMO or NEM?

As your modules has holes everywhere makes them less attractive as it will be harder to use them together with the known modular standards.

/Lars

Utloggad Svante Andersson

• Veteran
  • Antal inlägg: 2.741
  • On the foothills of the Headlines...
« Svar #2 skrivet: sön 05 apr 2020, 14:55:41 »
Hello and good afternoon

I manufacture the frames of the modular tables from 19 mm Nordic spruce as a 3-layer board.

For a quality 19 mm board you would want at least 5 layer laminate... 7 layer would be the normal type. Calling a 3 layer board "nordic" is a misuse of the word!

SA
Hä löns int´ förklar´ för den som int´ begrip.

Utloggad K Lemming

• Användare
  • Antal inlägg: 59
« Svar #3 skrivet: sön 05 apr 2020, 15:26:44 »
It's not the 3-layer board he says is nordic, it's the spruce that's nordic. Nordic spruce = nordisk gran
19 mm 3 lagers plywood av nordisk gran.

Utloggad Svante Andersson

• Veteran
  • Antal inlägg: 2.741
  • On the foothills of the Headlines...
« Svar #4 skrivet: mån 06 apr 2020, 01:56:35 »
It's not the 3-layer board he says is nordic, it's the spruce that's nordic. Nordic spruce = nordisk gran
19 mm 3 lagers plywood av nordisk gran.

3 lager gran i en 19 mm skiva är ju den absolut sämsta sorten av plywood man kan hitta. Nästan lika uschligt som chipboard.
Ska man i utrikisk jargong svänga sig med benämningar om bra plywood blir det "baltic birch" man pratar om.

SA
Hä löns int´ förklar´ för den som int´ begrip.

Utloggad Thomas Module

• Handlare
« Svar #5 skrivet: sön 10 maj 2020, 21:52:28 »
Hello Lars, Sorry for the late reply. My modules are not intended for Fremo or the like, but rather for people who want to build their system in the basement or in the attic.
Sincerely yours
Thomas Friedrich

Utloggad Thomas Module

• Handlare
« Svar #6 skrivet: sön 10 maj 2020, 21:55:40 »
Hello SA, a 3 mm plate is sufficient for many people, for example for N or Z. For all others we also have 6 mm, which is even sufficient for 1.
Sincerely yours
Thomas

Utloggad SweN

• Användare
  • Antal inlägg: 402
    • Westerbotten & Södra Lappland Jv
« Svar #7 skrivet: tis 12 maj 2020, 13:54:19 »
Den 3-skicks gran man talar om är inte plywood utan snarare limfog, dvs en helt annan typ av produkt.

Fö så är Nordic spruce en helt vedertagen benämning på svensk/nordisk gran som används även i tex nordamerika.

Mvh,
Peter
Peter

- Med siktet på Westrobothnia & Södra Lappland Rallbana eller på utrikiska "With the aim on West Bothnia & Lapland South RR".  www.wsl.n.nu